abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Anzeigen  nur  | Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du: 

How to retrieve the kilogram Pellets consumption via API for a Vitoligno 300?

I can successfully retrieve many metrics about my Vitoligno 300 via the API. But I can't get to all information elements that the VCare app list. I am mostly interested in the consumption of pellets. But also some other information about Oxygen use and valve status is not available.
It's not listed when I do a https://api.viessmann.com/iot/v1/equipment/installations/{{installationId}}/gateways/{{gatewaySerial}}/devices/:deviceId/features

And it's not documented under https://documentation.viessmann.com/static/iot/data-points

But it must be possible to retrieve - how else would the VCare app show it.

Can you provide the feature name? Measuring consumption over time is really a key requirement - and the app only shows point in time.

THampp_0-1648936039761.png

2 ANTWORTEN 2

Hello @THampp ,

Thank you for the request and your feedback.

In general, the basic package of the API provides essential functionalities for the integration a heating system. For additional features, we offer the advanced package (currently only for Germany), which provides access to additional features. As you already mentioned, you find the available features in our API Documentation: https://documentation.viessmann.com/static/iot/data-points

Concerning the requested features:

• consumption of pellets: The feature name is heating.configuration.fuel.need (available in Advanced package)
  • Oxygen use: Currently not available (Basic or Advanced). I will take this point with me for further evaluation
  • valve status: Currently not available (Basic or Advanced). I will take this point with me for further evaluation

Let me know if you have further feedback or things to share.

Best regards,

Michael

Hallo @MichaelHanna - 

First of all: Thank you very much for the comprehensive answer. Now I know what is possible and how.

But to be honest: The price point for the advanced package is far too high compared to the value it provides for me. 20€/month are 240€/year. That is more than the whole Vitoconnect cost in just one year!Just for automated, regular insights into pellets consumption. Compared to the insights I get when I copy the number I see displayed in the app into an Excel sheet once a week and interpolate from there. For that small delta in "resolution" 20€/month are more than a lot. Most of the savings potential in pellets would to into Viessmans purse with that 🙂

Frankly I find 20€ for private use too much in principle. It's my heating appliance I paid money to Viessmann to have. I then paid extra for the Vitoconnect device. And now I should pay again on an ongoing basis? I am really glad I did not by my solar power and solar heating from Viessmann: With my vendors I can get all consumption data without monthly fees. A pricing policy like that is for me a reason to avoid Viessmann in future purchases.

Sad - because I really like your API 🙂

Top-Lösungsautoren