abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Anzeigen  nur  | Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du: 

Pulling consumption statistics from API

Hi there. I own a Viessmann Vitodens 100-w B1KF and I am unable to pull gas an electricity statistics from the Viessmann API.
I am getting in the response the following message: FEATURE UNAVAILABLE

Any idea how I can pull the data?

Thanks!
20 ANTWORTEN 20

Hi @numanx ,

which specific features are you trying to call? Can you give an extended error code? Also, is the data you are looking for available in ViCare?

You can use the following command to get all features that are available directly via API for your device: curl -X GET https://api.viessmann.com/iot/v1/equipment/installations/{{installationId}}/gateways/{{gatewaySerial...

Hi @MichaelHanna thank you for your answer.

The feature that I am trying to call is: https://api.viessmann.com/iot/v1/equipment/installations/1693841/gateways/7633107029152213/devices/0...

Data for gas and electricity is not available in ViCare or at least I didn't find that info, but the gas boiler is advertised with this feature built-in.

This is the response I get from calling that API URI:

{
"data": {
"properties": {},
"commands": {},
"components": [],
"apiVersion": 1,
"gatewayId": "7633107029152213",
"feature": "heating.power.consumption",
"timestamp": "2021-10-04T21:58:51.769Z",
"isEnabled": true,
"isReady": true,
"deviceId": "0"
}
}

Hi @MichaelHanna ,

Is there any update regarding this? I am not able to pull the data from either API nor I don't have a tile regarding gas and electricity consumption.

Thanks, 

Andrei.

Hi @numanx ,

Thank you for the additional information. If the data about the consumption is not shown within ViCare, I do not expect the data is (yet) available on your device. This also means the data is not provided via API.

Could you provide me for information about your smartphone (which OS) and the version of ViCare that you are using?

Hi @MichaelHanna 

Thank you for your reply.
I am using an iPhone 11 with iOS 15.0.2, the ViCare app version is 3.7.2

Regarding this concern, who do I have to reach in order to have the data regarding the consumption within the app and API?

This is one of the main reasons I've purchased Vitodens 100-w B1KF as I wanted to pull the gas and electricity consumption data for my automation and this data should be available as it is advertised.

Thanks!

@numanx I forwarded your case to our technical support who will check your case. I will get back to you as soon as I have a response.

Best,

Michael

Hi @MichaelHanna 

Just a quick update regarding my request.

I've just got in contact with Viessmann Romania which told me that the consumption data is registered on Viessmann end.

As per the ViCare app there is an issue with the iOS application(which will be fixed late November) which doesn't have those consumption tiles, but on Android it should work, and yes, indeed I've logged in from an Android phone and I have the data there.

Now, the question is why I can't pull the same data from the API?

Thanks,

Andrei.

numanx_0-1634207602112.jpeg

What about  Vitodens 100-W B1HC-35 with Vitoconnect OT2 + Vitotrol 100 OT1, using ViCare version is 3.8.0 on Android 11? Is it possible to provide statistics about gas consumption? If not, is it possible to upgrade the boiler hardware in order to get this statistics?

Regards,

S

Hi @numanx @SorinB ,

We recently introduced additional features for gas/power consumption:

heating.gas.consumption.summary.heating

heating.gas.consumption.summary.dhw

heating.power.consumption.summary.heating

heating.power.consumption.summary.dhw

Please also have a look at our changelog or the list of data points and check whether the features are working for you.

Best,

Michael

FYI you can't easily pull daily/hourly consumption data from the API. The summary data available are not much helpful. The only workaround would be periodically pulling the summary and collecting the hourly / daily data by yourself.

The summary response sample:

{'currentDay': {'type': 'number',
'unit': 'kilowattHour',
'value': 0},
'currentMonth': {'type': 'number',
'value': 0.6},
'currentYear': {'type': 'number',
'value': 6.3},
'lastMonth': {'type': 'number',
'lastSevenDays': {'type': 'number',
'value': 0.9},
'lastYear': {'type': 'number',
'unit': {'type': 'string', 'value': 'kilowattHour'}}

Hi,

probably that might be a good news.

I restarted the Vitoconnect today to allow it to update. Unfortunately my 100-W B1HC-35 boiler report none of the above data points.

I have to say again that a list of data points that are available for each boiler model would be helpful. At least we know what to expect when we buy a boiler or when a customer request the development of a BMS that includes a Viessmann boiler.

Regards,

S

At least there is something you can work around. Not all of us can enjoy these features and more annoying is that we do not know why  🙂

@SorinB I'm sorry to hear that the summary data appears to be not available for your installation either.

This however leads me to the question of which gateway you are having for your device? Are you having a Vitoconnect 100 with OPTO1/OPTO2, which connects to the Optolink interface of your device (if there is any). Or do you have a Vitoconnect OT2, which uses the OpenTherm interface?

There might be differences in the available features, depending on the gateway and interface that you are using in your installation.

For Vitodens 100-W B1HC-35 I was advised by Viessmann support here to purchase Vitoconnect OT2 + Vitotrol 100 OT1. On android phone I am using ViCare version is 3.8.0. If I have to switch to something else or if there is any hardware update that I can make to the boiler, just let me know.

Hi @MichaelHanna 

Where can we see the differences in the available features?
If no such "features comparison table" exists, can you please confirm/infirm if the OT2 module connected to the Vitodens 100-W B1HC-35 can show the gas consumption?

@SorinB I believe you don't have an option to change to OPTO1/OPTO2 for Vitodens 100-W B1HC-35. 100-W can only integrate with OT2 module.

Thanks,

-a

Hi @alexc, unfortunately we do not have such a have feature comparison table we could provide.

For the gas consumption of your system, is your ViCare app showing any gas consumption data? If this is not the case, then I expect your device not supporting this functionality via IoT.

You can also simply request all features available for your device in the public API by using curl -X GET https://api.viessmann.com/iot/v1/equipment/installations/{{installationId}}/gateways/{{gatewaySerial...

The output contains all features you can access.

Regards,

Michael

Thanks @MichaelHanna for quick reply.

No it does not show (Android App, v3.16.1).

I checked also the features via that api, and I don't see anything for "gas" or  "consumption". 

Is this a limitation of the installed device? or because of the OT2? I'm trying to understand if by changing the OT2 module I will solve this issue...

@alexc 

As far as I know 100-W B1HC-35 works only with OT2.

OPTO2 box looks same as OT2 box, however it connects to the boiler via a cable with a V termination like the one in the attached image. (is called Optolink)

SorinB_0-1668166620593.png

OT2 connects via an OpenTherm interface.

OPTO2 connects via an Optolink interface.

I tried to find even a solution to add such OpenTherm interface to my boiler but I did not found.

It looks that there is no other solution for 100-W B1HC-35 boilers than OT2.

For gas consumption I have also looked after a gas meter, but again I did not found until now one to send data via HTTP, API, REST or something similar. If you find any solution please let us knw.

thanks @SorinB for your reply

Regarding opto vs OT2 and 100-w, that's my understanding as well.

Also I think that any module implementing OpenThem can control the 100-w boiler. I never tried it myself and I might be wrong. In addition, I'm not confident that any other module can get from 100-w the gas consumption, since the official/ recommended Viessmann OT2 module does not... Probably the limitation is with 100-w and not with the control module.

I am not aware of a gas smart meter and I doubt you can find in Ro, where it's not possible as of now to get API access even for energy smart meters 😞

There are some DYI options thou:

1) Optically read the counter via some ESP and a camera, then do OCR to get a number. 

2) Pulse reading sensor  - depending if your meter gives such pulse signal

YMMV, depending on location/ease of access to the meter. Unfortunately since these are not build it, will be  hard to have 100% reliability. So be ready to tinker or adjust manually the consumption now and then...

I think the link does not work.

What is the best way to check all features available?

Top-Lösungsautoren