abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Anzeigen  nur  | Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du: 
Beantwortet! Gehe zur Lösung.

How are the API-calls counted?

Starting in November/December 2021 I noticed that the count of my monthly API Calls doubled without any change on the algorithms on my side.

Where there any changes how the calls are counted in the last few moths?

How are the calls counted anyway?:

• Does autorisation request / access call count as 2 seperate calls (means using refresh token instead of new authorisation request saves one call?)
  • If there is no server response or an error from the Viessmann side, is the call still counted:
    • "DEVICE_COMMUNICATION_ERROR" -> is this counted?
    • "Internal server error" -> is this counted?
    • No server response from viessmann (cron timeout) -> is this counted?
    • "503 Service Temporarily Unavailable" -> is this counted?
    • "... as there was a problem with external service" -> is this counted?
    • "Error during authentication process" -> is this counted?
    • "Token provided in request is expired or invalid" -> is this counted?
    • "TCP connection reset by peer" -> is this counted?

Any clarification would be highly appreciated...

Thanks very much

David

1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG

Akzeptierte Lösungen

Here is an update: In general, all 5XX errors are not counted, while 4XX are counted (except for authorization errors). So I think none of your examples should be counted.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

4 ANTWORTEN 4

Hi @davids1 ,

I am happy to clarify the counting of the API calls.

First, there should not have been any change to the API that leads to the counting of the API calls to double. Are you running into rate limitation now? Could you send me a screenshot of your activity graph from the Developer Portal?

Concerning which calls are counted, the authorization calls are not counted to the rate limit of the API. For the other examples, I will have them checked to let you know, how each of the responses are treated in terms of API call counting.

Best regards,

Michael

Here is an update: In general, all 5XX errors are not counted, while 4XX are counted (except for authorization errors). So I think none of your examples should be counted.

Thanks for the precise and complete answer!

David

Hi,

I have as well the impression that API calls are not counted as should be:

I am polling data every 30 minutes. For some testing, I added another job to poll every minute starting 1.00 (at night). At around 12.30 (noon), I exceeded the API limit - with 1 call/minute, it should have been working almost  the whole day (due to the additional 30 min calls).

What I forgot - due to issues retrieving data, I added auto-retry into my coding   in case the API call failed and didn't retrieve data, it tried up to 5 times.

My impression:

1) The retries due to failures got counted

2) The API fails quiet frequently

Why that?

Thanks, Cbo

Top-Lösungsautoren