abbrechen
Suchergebnisse werden angezeigt für 
Anzeigen  nur  | Stattdessen suchen nach 
Meintest du: 
Beantwortet! Gehe zur Lösung.

Heating API - Set heating to off / on

I have an automation model in Node Red. I would like to include some new logic which requires the ability to set the heat on / off as per the ViCare app. I have not been able to find the correct API either from Postman or the API documentation. Any help would be most appreciated.  The boiler I have is Heat Only so the ViCare screen in the app is limited as per the attached photo.

Heating on_off.jpg
1 AKZEPTIERTE LÖSUNG

Akzeptierte Lösungen

Have done more testing and it does now seem to be working. If there is a problem it seems to be with the app, which appears to take a significant amount of time to register that the boiler has been turned off via the API interface. Thanks again for your help. Next target is to study your solution to the 180 day renewal of the refresh token.

Lösung in ursprünglichem Beitrag anzeigen

8 ANTWORTEN 8

Hi,

unfortunately I only have a solutioin in German language for you. In my blog I have described in depth, how to exploit the API by using Node Red. However in German only. Take a look: https://www.rustimation.eu/index.php/viessmann-api-und-node-red-teil-4/#Beispiel_Betriebsart_einstel...

Maybe DeepL can help to translate...

If all fails, simply use the JSON file at the end of the chapter to set operating modes (Betriebsart) via the API. You'd have to adapt it somewhat to reflect the correct heating circuit and filter out the operation modes you don't deem necessary.

Rgds

Chris

Thank you very much for your help. I have translated your document into English. (attached for info if anyone wants it).

I have tried a couple of possibilites but cannot make a good correlation between what I am trying to do and the way that the API is documented. In my current system the ViCare app has two radio buttons as shown in my original message above.

Logically I am just trying to find the two API constructs that mimic the two buttons on the screen. I have successfully found all the other API's that I need for my automation but not the heating/off requirement.

Thank you.

Thanks for the effort. I had completely forgotten that I wrote some English language tutorials in this forum.

Not knowing what your actual setup is, I can only give you a hint:

Try to retrieve the "Feature  Overview" and analyze it. This is done by sending

https://api.viessmann.com/iot/v1/equipment/installations/{{installationID}}/gateways/{{gatewaySerial...

to the API. How this is done is described here (in English):

https://community.viessmann.de/t5/The-Viessmann-API/Using-Node-Red-to-visualize-ViCare-data

Ideally you'll use a JSON viewer to look at the result, otherwise you'll get lost.

If you have found the feature, maniputate it following this guide:

https://community.viessmann.de/t5/The-Viessmann-API/Tutorial-Setting-Target-Temperature-etc-with-Nod...

Hope this helps

Chris

Have have searched through the documentation and features. The closest I can find is:-

devices/0/features/heating.circuits.0.operating.modes.active/commands/setMode",

"name": "setMode",

"isExecutable": true,

"params": {

"mode": {

"type": "string",

"required": true,

"constraints": {

"enum": [

"heating",

"standby"

Does anyone know if these are the values I am looking for?

Thank you.

Hi,

bingo, right on the spot. 
https://api.viessmann.com/iot/v1/features/installations/{{installationID}}/gateways/{{gatewaySerial}...
should do the trick. Payload is either “heating” or “standby”

kind regards

Chris

Thank you very much for your help. It does not work quite as expected. My system is set up with weather compensation and 'standby' does not do the same as setting OFF in the ViCare app. The boiler display shows 'OF' as expected but the radio button in the app does not show Off. The app also shows a message I have not seen before suggesting that the heating will remain off until the temperature falls below its threshold. It all seems to point to there being a different payload for a weather comp system. Unfortunately, there is no support in the UK so I hope that someone in the community can help. Thanks again.

This is really strange. Are you sure that „heating“ and „standby“ are the only values offered in the enumeration?
Nonetheless, I believe “standby” is almost the same as „off“ but with frost protection. Below 3 Degrees Celsius the boiler starts regardless of its setting. 
what you could try is to extract the feature JSON with the app set to “ON”. Then set it to ”OFF” and extract the feature list again. Compare the two JSON files. 
This should give you an indication as to where the parameter might be hidden. 
rgds

Chris

Have done more testing and it does now seem to be working. If there is a problem it seems to be with the app, which appears to take a significant amount of time to register that the boiler has been turned off via the API interface. Thanks again for your help. Next target is to study your solution to the 180 day renewal of the refresh token.